It is fashionable for companies to make bold claims about their
‘green’ credentials, and ‘carbon footprint’. We are realistic that,
as a group of more than 120 businesses, we have a wide variety
of premises and workplaces right up to our new headquarters in Kent
and other newer offices that possess high levels of efficiency and
environmental friendliness. However, our commitment throughout is
simple: we will continue as far as is practicable to reduce waste,
inefficiency, and our impact on the environment through measures
1.Having a member of our Board officially appointed as our Green
Champion, proving our commitment to our social
2. Using teleconferencing facilities as an alternative to business
3. Reducing the amount of paper we use and energy consumed by
encouraging double sided printing and replacing numerous desktop
and laser jet printers with multi-function devices.
4. Increasing the amount of recycling at each of our offices,
including such items as toner cartridges, cardboard boxes and
mobile phones as well as general waste.
5. Encouraging our staff to only print e-mails and Word documents
where absolutely necessary.
6. Using an energy consultancy company to monitor electricity and
gas consumption at our larger offices to reduce consumption, and
enhanced by the introduction of ‘smart meters’.
7. Working closely with our stationery supplier to maximize the
percentage of products they supply which are environmentally
friendly - this currently stands at 70%.
8. Working with a facilities management company to reduce our
energy consumption by various methods including installation of
energy saving lighting and powering down non-essential electrical
9. Using environmental credentials as an important part of our
supplier selection process.
10. Registered with the Carbon Reduction Commitment scheme in the
UK, May 2010.
11. Partnering some of our offices with local authorities in
schemes such as car sharing.
12. Disposing of all redundant WEEE items by our partner supplier -
zero to landfill and the correct certification is provided.
13. Using a waste management consultant to keep us up to date with
all legislation regarding waste management and the environment and
we ensure that all our offices comply at all times to such
14. Selling surplus IT equipment on a global auction website with
the profits raised going directly into our charitable foundation