Terms and Conditions
Please read carefully
Your use of this website is subject to these terms and
show your agreement to them. If you do not accept these Terms of
Use, please do not use the website. You are required to
read this important information carefully before you proceed any
further with access to this website.
Please note this website is intended for use by residents of the
United Kingdom only. The site is not applicable to
residents/investors of other countries because the law in other
countries may restrict the distribution of the information and
products available on this website.
For the avoidance of doubt, none of the information on this
website constitutes an offer to contract in any country in which it
is available including the UK.
- Towergate reserves the right, at any time and without prior
notice, to remove or cease to supply any product or service
contained on this website. In the event that such removal takes
place we shall not be liable to you in any way whatsoever for such
- Towergate reserves the right to change the content,
presentation, user facilities and availability of any part of the
website at its sole discretion.
Applications for Products and Services
- Prices, and details, of products and services (and any offers)
posted online are subject to change without notice. All products
and services are subject to availability and we give no guarantee
in this regard. The provision of details of products and services
on this website are not, and should not be construed as, an offer
to sell or buy such products or services by the relevant company.
The company advertising the products or services concerned may
accept or reject your offer at its sole discretion.
- Towergate will endeavour to ensure that this website is
accessible for 24 hours a day. However, Towergate will not be
liable if, for any reason, the website is unavailable at any time
or for any period.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for
you to have access to this website. You are also responsible for
ensuring that all persons who access this website through your
comply with them.
- Towergate will not be liable for loss or damage arising if this
website becomes unavailable or is suspended for any reason.
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification
code, password or any other piece of information as part of our
security procedures, you must treat such information as
confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We
have the right to disable any use identification code or password,
whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our
opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of
Copyright and Intellectual Property
- Towergate or the other providers of information on this website
own the copyright and all other intellectual property rights
subsisting in the database accessible via the website and all
material on this website, including all the trademarks visible on
- You are not permitted to download, redistribute or extract any
information on this website in whole or in part other than for your
personal, non-commercial use, unless otherwise stated. Our status
(and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of
material on this website must always be acknowledged.
- Except as set out above, you may not reproduce, modify or in
any way commercially exploit any of the information on this
- If you print off, copy or download any part of this website in
cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy
any copies of the materials you have made.
Changes to Terms and Records of Agreements
this page and such amendment shall apply to your use of this
website after such amendment.
Data Protection and Privacy Statement
- All personal information you supply to Towergate will be
treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (as
amended) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC
Directive Regulations 2003.
- When you supply personal data via this website, you will be
told what that data will be used for at that point. Through your
use of the website, you agree that personal information that is
- Towergate will monitor your use of this website and any
resultant information may be used by Towergate for its internal
business purposes or in accordance with the rules of any applicable
regulatory or self-regulatory organisation.
- Although we will use reasonable endeavours to ensure the
material on the website is accurate, the material displayed on this
website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or
warranties as to its accuracy. We, other members of our group of
companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly
exclude any liability for any direct, indirect loss or damage
incurred by any user in connection with this website or in
connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of
this website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on
it, including, without limitation any liability for loss of income
or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of
anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill, wasted
management or office time and for any other loss or damage of any
kind, however arising.
- This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury
arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent
misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental
- The publication of the information provided on this website by
Towergate does not constitute a recommendation that you enter into
any particular transaction nor a representation that any product
and/or service detailed on this website is suitable or appropriate
- Certain products and/or services detailed on this website may
involve significant risks, and unless you have fully understood all
such risks and independently determined that such transactions are
appropriate for you, you should not enter into any
- You should not construe any of the information which is
contained on this website as business, financial, investment,
regulatory, tax, or accounting advice and this website should not
be the prime basis for any investment decisions which are made by
you or on your behalf.
- Towergate have established this website in England. English Law
shall govern its use at all times and, in the event of a dispute,
relevant parties shall irrevocably submit to the exclusive
jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- Information contained on this website is provided for
information purposes only and Towergate will use all reasonable
endeavours to ensure that it is accurate at the date of
- However, because of the nature of the Internet, there may be
circumstances in which errors or omissions in the information may
occur which are beyond the reasonable control of Towergate. For
example, unauthorised access by a third party.
- Consequently Towergate will not be liable for loss or damages
arising from the use of or reliance upon any information contained
on this website, unless the accuracy of the information has been
checked with and confirmed in writing by an authorised
representative of, Towergate before reliance is placed upon
Linking to Our Site
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that
is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take
advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as
to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our
part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link from any website that is not
owned by you. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission
- Our site must not be framed on any other site without our
express prior written permission.
- If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than
that set out here, please contact email@example.com
Uploading Material to Our Site
- Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload
material to our site, or you make contact with other users of our
site, you must comply with the standards set out in our Acceptable
Use Standards section (below). You warrant that any such
contribution does comply with those standards and you indemnify us
for any breach of that warranty.
- Any material you upload to our site will be considered
non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use,
copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material
for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity
to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or
uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their
intellectual property rights, or their right to privacy.
- We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for
the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other
user of our site.
- We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on
our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the
terms set out in the Acceptable Use Standards section.
Links to Third Party websites
- Links to third party websites are provided solely for your
convenience and such links do not constitute an endorsement,
authorisation, or affiliation by Towergate with respect to such
third party website. When you activate these links you will leave
this website. We do not endorse or take responsibility for the
content on third party websites or the availability of those
websites and we are not liable for any loss or damage that you may
suffer by using those websites. If you decide to access linked
websites you do so entirely at your own risk.
Ownership of website
This site is provided and owned by:
Towergate Underwriting Group Limited
Company Number: 04043759
VAT Registration Number: 447284724
Towergate Underwriting Group Limited is authorised and regulated
by the Financial Conduct Authority (Registration Number
- Some of the information available on this website has been
provided by other companies within the Towergate Group which are
responsible for that information.
website. Separate terms and conditions will apply to any websites
accessible via a hypertext link from this website.
Product Terms and Conditions
- If you apply for any product or service detailed on this
other terms and conditions which relate to any such product or
service and, in the event of any contradiction between these Terms
of Use and the specific terms and conditions relating to such
product or service, the latter shall prevail. For the purposes of
without limitation, any insurance or financial service.
Viruses, Hacking and Other Offences
- You must not misuse this website by knowingly introducing
viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is
malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain
unauthorised access to this website, the server on which this
website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to
this website. You must not attack this website via a
denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service
- By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal
offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 and the Police and
Justice Act 2006. We will report any such breach to the relevant
law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those
authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of
such a breach, your right to use this website will cease
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a
distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other
technologically harmful material that may infect your computer
equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material
due to your use of this website or to your downloading of any
material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
- Towergate cannot warrant that this website is free of viruses
or technical defects of any description and will not be responsible
for any technical problems arising from the use of this
Acceptable Use Standards
- You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or
unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form
of similar solicitation ("spam");
- to transmit, or procure the sending of any material which is:-
defamatory of any person; obscene, offensive or inflammatory;
sexually explicit; promotes discrimination based on race, sex,
religion, disability, or age; infringes any copyright, database
right or trade mark of any other person; is likely to deceive any
person; is in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party (e.g.
duty of confidence); is threatening or abusive; is likely to
harass, upset or embarrass any other person; misrepresents your
identity; advocates or promotes any unlawful act.
- We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a
breach of these Acceptable Use Standards through the use of our
site. If a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such
action as we deem appropriate. Failure to comply with these
Acceptable Use Standards constitutes a material breach of the Terms
of Use and may result if our taking all or any of the following
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to
use our site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or
material uploaded by you to our site;
- a warning being issued to you;
- Towergate will take all reasonable steps, including encryption,
to ensure that any personal information you provide is kept secure.
However, because of the nature of the Internet, and the fact that
it is not a secure system, Towergate cannot and do not guarantee
that personal information you provide will not be intercepted by
others and decrypted. Consequently your privacy cannot be
- The images, logos and names on this website which identify
Towergate, a Towergate company or third parties and their products
and services are proprietary marks of Towergate and/or the relevant
third parties. Nothing contained in this website shall be deemed to
confer on any person any licence or right on the part of Towergate
or any third party with respect to any such image, logo or
© Copyright 2011 - Towergate Underwriting Group Limited.
All rights reserved.