The Towergate Group is delighted to announce the intended appointment of two new senior executives.
Janice Deakin and Adrian Brown have agreed to join the Towergate Executive Team*.
Scott Egan, Interim CEO, said: “They will be great additions to the Group and I know them both extremely well. Janice and Adrian have immense experience and skills as senior leaders in the UK insurance market and they will add considerably to Towergate’s existing team of talented leaders. We will provide further detail on their roles and responsibilities closer to the time of joining."
Following the recent announcement of David Ross* as future Group Chief Executive Officer, these appointments demonstrate further the determination of the Group to build quickly on the firm financial foundations it now has in place.
* Subject to appropriate notice periods.
- Janice Deakin Janice joins Towergate having been at Arthur J. Gallagher as UK Commercial Director since joining in July 2013, most recently as CEO of UK Retail. In this role Janice led a combined business of over 2000 people, placing in excess of £1billion of gross written premium on behalf of more than 200,000 commercial insurance customers.
Prior to joining Gallagher, Janice spent 13 years at Aviva in a number of roles across all aspects of the general insurance business. During this time she led partnership distribution, the general insurance broker business, was a member of the RAC board and led a number of acquisitions and major partnership deals. She was also a member of the Aviva UK & Ireland GI executive leading the broker and partnership business.
Before joining Aviva, she enjoyed a 12-year career in the manufacturing industry, including two years at Westland Helicopters. Janice lives in Norfolk and is married with a stepson and a young grandson.
- Adrian Brown Adrian joins Towergate from Arthur J. Gallagher, having joined the business in September 2014 as Executive Chairman of Underwriting & Distribution, with a leadership remit spanning the personal lines, corporate partnerships and private clients division, as well as the UK underwriting business.
Prior to Arthur J. Gallagher Adrian had a 25 year-career at RSA — the last six as Chief Executive Officer of the UK and Western Europe, having been appointed to the RSA Group board in 2011. Prior to his tenure as CEO, Adrian was Chief Operating Officer for RSA UK, responsible for around 6,000 people across the UK and India, as well as the functions of IT, claims handling, broker operations and sales & service activity for the UK business. He also set up the direct business MORE TH>N in 2001.
Adrian began working life as a management trainee with British Gas. Originally hailing from the West Country he is a qualified Management Accountant, married with two children and lives in West Sussex.
Notes to Editors
Launched in 1997, Towergate is the UK’s largest independently owned insurance intermediary, generating more than £3 billion of pro forma gross written premiums across its companies and employing over 5,000 people across more than 100 UK offices.
Towergate is an important distribution channel for a significant range of insurance products and a key strategic partner for the UK’s largest insurers.
Towergate’s scale, customer insight and distribution relationships make it a unique business and a leader in the markets in which it operates. Its combination of distribution and underwriting gives it unparalleled consumer data and market insight.
Towergate operates across five core divisions:
- Insurance Brokers – Towergate Insurance Brokers distributes specialised personal lines and products, and more general products aimed at SMEs through around 90 broking offices located across the United Kingdom
- Underwriting – Towergate’s underwriting division is the UK’s largest MGA, providing specialist insurance products for brokers, without taking the ultimate capital risk. The MGA has over £750 million GWP under management
- Direct – Towergate Direct sells specialist Personal Lines and SME products primarily through telephony and digital distribution channels
- Paymentshield – Paymentshield is the leading provider of insurance products to mortgage brokers
- Network – Broker Network represents the largest Network for insurance brokers in the UK. The brand remains the leading proposition in the market in terms of size and breadth of service with 600 Members