During the Covid-19 crisis, we are following UK Government guidance to keep our employees safe and look after our valued clients. Read our articles on support for your business.

You can also help us help your fellow businesses - as well as your favourite charity - at this difficult time by recommending us to someone you feel would benefit from our insurance.

Residential Management Liability Insurance

Residential Management Liability Insurance

Residential Management Liability Insurance provides protection for claims made against Residential Block Management Company Directors and Officers.

Claims usually arise in relation to damage to third-party property or injury to third-party persons, as a result of negligence relating to the property being managed.

With our access to a wide range of insurers Towergate can help find the right policy for you, regardless of the number of flats you have under management.

It’s also worth considering that, as a Director, you may be personally liable to defend any claims brought against you. Claims that could leave your personal assets, and even those of your spouse and heirs, immediately at risk.


Key features

Even if you are confident in your ability to assist in the management of a residential block, there is still a risk that you could be sued without having acted wrongly. In which case, you would still have to defend the claim. All of which can be costly without the right cover in place to protect you.

Who could sue you? And for what?

Employees, shareholders, your company, creditors, regulators, customers, competitors, government, or anyone else who feels that they have suffered a loss arising from a Director or Officer wrongly acting in their position, can potentially sue you.

Claims can be brought for a variety of reasons including:

  • Mismanagement
  • Negligence
  • Breach of duty
  • Libel and slander
  • Anti-competitive behaviour
  • Regulatory investigations such as Health & Safety
  • Unfair dismissal or discrimination.


Request a callback from one of our specialist offices below, or search for your nearest office.