On Monday 12 October 2020, the UK Government announced a new three-tier alert level system was being brought in across England, to be enforced from 12:01am on Wednesday 14 October. It is expected that Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland will follow a similar but tailored version of the same system.
Read local Covid-19 guidance for UK businesses and workers
Local Covid-19 alert levels set out information for local authorities, residents and workers about what to do and how to manage the outbreak in their area.
- Read further information about these local Covid-19 alert levels in England
- See current guidance for Scotland’s coronavirus response
- Find current guidance for Wales’ Covid-19 response
- View current guidance for Northern Ireland’s coronavirus response
Find out which Covid-19 alert tier your local authority or business sits in
If you’re unsure which tier your local authority sits in, you can find this on the UK Government website.
How Towergate supports your business during the Covid-19 pandemic
We understand that this continues to be an uncertain and worrying time for individuals and businesses across the UK and we are committed to supporting you.
If you are unsure whether the restrictions will have an impact on your insurance cover, including whether levels of cover need to be amended, increased or reduced as a result of any changes you’ve had to make, please speak to your usual Towergate Insurance Brokers adviser who will be able to help, or email TIB@towergate.co.uk.
Likewise, if you are facing temporary financial difficulties, please contact us as soon as possible to discuss your options. Cancelling or reducing your policy cover is often not the right approach to take, despite the temptation to save cost, as you may find yourself underinsured should an incident occur now or in the future. We are here to help and support you.
Read more Covid-19 guidance articles from Towergate
- Pandemic Planning Template
- Risk Alert - Coronavirus Related Scams
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) – Update for Towergate Insurance Brokers customers
- Free Health and Safety and Employment Law Hub
- Business Planning for SMEs During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- Risk Alert - Homeworking Health and Safety
- Covid-19 Disruption - Business Information Update, issue 2
- Risk Alert – Why You Shouldn’t Cancel Public Liability Insurance Despite Covid-19 Disruption
- Risk Alert - Cyber Criminals Exploiting Coronavirus
- Tips for Managing and Engaging Remote Workers
- Free Cyber Incident Response Helpline
- Making a SORN during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Making Changes to Insurance Cover During the Covid-19 crisis
- Business Continuity Planning
- Post Lockdown Planning for Business Premises
- Mental Health Support for Employees
- The Important Role Cyber Insurance Has to Play in the Coronavirus Crisis
- Be Alert and Protect your Directors and Officers
- Help For Customers Facing Financial Difficulties Due To Covid-19
- Guidance on Restarting your Business After Lockdown
- How to Become More Cyber Secure
- Health and Protection COVID-19 information hub
- Preparing for a local lockdown or second spike
- Important Considerations if Your Premises are Still Unoccupied
- Fire Incidents Increase During Lockdown
- Coronavirus Support for Businesses: Financial Aid Available to You
- Roapmap out of third lockdown
- Health and Safety Covid Spot Checks - is your Business Prepared
Business insurance from Towergate
|Cyber Insurance||Commercial Vehicle Insurance||Terrorism and Political Violence Insurance|
|Credit Insurance||Legal Indemnity Insurance||Warranty and Indemnity Insurance|
The information contained in this bulletin is based on sources that we believe are reliable and should be understood as general risk management and insurance information only. It is not intended to be taken as advice with respect to any specific or individual situation and cannot be relied upon as such. If you wish to discuss your specific requirements, please do not hesitate to contact your usual Towergate Insurance Brokers adviser.